This week, I was asked to conduct a mock interview for an up and coming Salesforce professional, as part of the Salesforce mentorship program.
Some key takeaways from that interview that I thought might be helpful:
– Have an answer regarding why you chose Salesforce as your profession (suggestion: probably best to leave $ out of the answer).
– Be sure you’re in a quiet location for the call, even subtle background noises can be a distraction (wind blowing, traffic, cows mooing).
– If you’re unsure that you answered the question being asked, ask the interviewer: “did that address your question or should I elaborate further?”
– Have a good answer to: why you chose to apply for this position and/or this company.
– Have a few answers to: how you solved a challenging problem, why it was a challenge and what you learned.
– Follow up with a brief email (again: brief), reiterating what you heard and why you think you would be a good fit; be specific.
Short tribute and relevant lyrics:
“If at first you don’t succeed (first you don’t succeed),
Dust yourself off, and try again
You can dust it off and try again, try again”
“Try Again” ~ Aaliyah, 08/25/2001