Do you find talking or writing about what’s troubling you, consoling?
If you’re not sure, try it, it could help you get through your current obstacle(s).
Often, you’re probably not even looking for an answer, rather just to express your thoughts, get them off your mind, in order to be able to turn the corner and continue on.
This past week I had:
1. A new Salesforce career seeker write to me expressing the struggles they were facing in landing their 1st position
2. A junior level Salesforce Admin call me to determine which position they should take next and expressing why it made sense
3. A request to have a call for someone expressing the need to make a transition to a new career in Salesforce
4. A senior Salesforce COE (Center of Excellence) Manager expressing what they really enjoyed about their position, but why it was time to move on
5. A private message expressing an opposing point of view on one of my posts on consulting
These are all great forms of expressing, and I’m sure it helped them in moving forward in some small way, regardless of what I (or any recipient) says in response.
In my best Madonna voice:
“Express yourself, You’ve got to make him
Express himself, Hey, hey, hey, hey”