While some of us are internally motivated, I think many of us want or could use a little help to get us through the occasional troubling times that we’re currently facing or might experience in the future.
Below are a list of quotes (some slightly improvised) from Jim Rohn, who’s considered America’s foremost business philosopher who wrote the book: “The Treasury Of Quotes”, where I chose the top ones that I felt might be the most helpful for you.
· You must act, God said, “if you don’t move, I don’t move”.
· The few who do are the envy of the many that watch.
· Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines practiced every day. Failure is simply a few errors in judgement repeated every day.
· We get paid for bringing value to the marketplace. It takes time to bring value, we get paid for the value, not the time.
· Where you are currently, is not where you have to stay.
· The worst days of those who enjoy what they do are better than the best days of those who don’t.
· You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight.
· Effective communication is 20% what you know and 80% in how you feel about what you know.
· Communication is the ability to affect other people with words.
· Motivation alone is not enough. If you have an idiot and you motivate them, now you have a motivated idiot.
· Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.
Sharing Your Work: ✌️
· Nothing teaches character better than generosity
Goal Setting: 🥅
· The value obtaining a goal makes out of you will always outweigh the goal itself.
· Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want.
· Happiness is the art of learning how to get joy from your substance.
· Make sure the outside of you is a good reflection of the inside of you.
· Take good care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live.
· You must constantly ask yourself: Who am I around? What are they doing to me? What have they got me saying? Where do they have me going? What do they have me thinking Most importantly: What do they have me becoming and is that okay?
· Some people you can afford to spend a few minutes with, but not a few hours.
· Don’t use your mind for a filing cabinet. Use your mind to work out problems and find answers; file away those good ideas in a journal.
· Be strong, not rude; Be kind, but not weak; Be bold, but not a bully; Be thoughtful, but not lazy; Be humble, but not timid; Be proud, but not arrogant; Be humorous, but not insulting
· Start with where people are before you try to take them where you want them to go.
· Lead the way by personal example.
· Managers help people to see themselves as they are. Leaders help people to see themselves better than they are.
Personal Development: 📖
· How long should you try? Until.
· What you become directly influences what you get.
· The most important question to ask on the job is not: “What am I getting?”, rather “What am I becoming?”
· It’s not what happens that determines the major part of your future. What happens, happens to us all. It is what you do about what happens that counts.
· Your paycheck is your responsibility not your employers. Your employer has no control over your value, but you do.
· You should do more than what you get paid for, as that’s where the fortune lives.
Problem Solving: ➕➗➖
· To solve any problem, here are 3 questions to ask yourself: What could I try? What could I read? Who could I ask?
· The best place to solve a problem is on paper.
Time Management: ⌛
· Time is our most valuable asset, yet we tend to waste it, kill it, and spend it rather than invest it.
· Don’t mistake movement for achievement. It’s easy to get faked out by being busy.
Hopefully, some of these made an impact for you as you continue down your Salesforce career journey.