I decided to do a little analysis on Entry Level Salesforce related job postings.
The outcome was not very promising and probably what many of you already know.
469 were categorized as entry level Salesforce positions posted for the U.S. over the last week.
I did a sampling of 50.
– 4 required 1-2 years experience
– 26 required 2-4 years experience
– 19 required 4+ years experience
I found 1 that was really entry level (BA position out of Austin).
Guess how many applicants?
Damn, Gina! (for my Martin Lawrence fans)
Maybe my sample set was bunk, and there’s a multitude of REAL entry level positions in the other 419?
I don’t think that’s the case…
1. Don’t spend too much energy on the LI job board
2. Spend more time connecting, networking and showcasing your work and knowledge
3. Competition continues to be fierce, think of ways to be strategic in your search; being chosen 1 out of 476 are lousy odds
4. Many of the statistics that we see around the number of new Salesforce positions do not identify entry level
5. Are there alternative career paths to evaluate with a lower barrier of entry if time is a critical element for you