Are you getting enough tough love from those that you’re seeking encouragement from?
While it is often hard to give and probably even harder to hear, I think it’s helpful in your career search to understand the negative side which helps gather additional perspective.
Ask those tougher questions that you might not want to hear the answers to.
– What is the reality?
– What do you hate?
– Truthfully, if you could do it all over, would you?
– Will this be a struggle?
– Do I suck?
– Why am I not seeing results?
– Is this all that it’s cracked up to be?
– How much is hype and marketing spin?
– Why wouldn’t you hire me? If you would, who can you refer me to?
The intent is not to take the wind out of your sails, but it is to help set realistic expectations and possibly help you focus on getting better along your journey by understanding the broader picture.